Hybrid concert: purchase tickets for in-person attendance OR RSVP to watch the live-stream online at the C4NM YouTube Channel.
Guest pianist Tin Yi Chelsea Wong performs a special solo piano recital in an Old World/New World musical conversation between three renowned Old World 20th century composers–
- György Ligeti (1923-2006),
- Henri Dutilleux (1916-2013), and
- Grazyna Bacewicz (1909-1969);
and a diverse group of four 21st century New World composers;
- 2021 Heinz Award in the Arts and Humanities recipient and E4TT’s #MeetTheArtist in June, Gabriela Lena Frank ,
- 1994 American Academy of Arts & Letters Charles Ives Award recipient, E4TT’s #MeetTheArtist in February, Jonathan Bailey Holland (b. 1974),
- 2021 Guggenheim Fellow Canadian composer Zosha Di Castri (b. 1985), and
- and emerging California-born composer Viet Cuong (b. 1990).
The concert will be performed at the Center for New Music in SF for attendance in person by socially distanced, vaccinated, masked attendees. For those who are more distant, prefer not to attend in person or are unvaccinated, the concert will be live-streamed on YouTube.
Post-concert Meet & Greet on Zoom.
E4TT’s 2021/22 home season is supported by a grant from the San Francisco Arts Commission, and sponsored, in part, by a grant from The Ross McKee Foundation.